DEWALT DC970K-2 18 Volt Drill Driver Kit Review
Hello and welcome to my DEWALT DC970K-2 18 Volt Drill Driver Kit Review page. This is one of the popular 18V drill out there and it certainly comes with its pros and cons.
Weighing 5.2 pounds and 9-inch in length makes it ideal for working in tight places and awkward angles. A good tool to have for drilling and fastening application on material such as wood, metal and plastic for framing and cabinet installation.
It has a plastic 1/2 inch single-sleeve keyless ratcheting chuck, meant to provide tighter grip and better retention with increased precision and accuracy
Included are 2 18 volt NICAD batteries, with a one hour charger and a contractor bag to hold your Dewalt DC970K-2.
Warranty: 90-day money-back guarantee, a one-year free service contract, and a three-year limited warranty.
The Cons of the Dewalt DC970k-2
- Although marketed as light weight, I wouldn’t put it as such since weight is relative to the person handling it. The battery is rather large and heavy making this drill less suitable for women.
- Battery charging time of 45 minutes is considered to be slow by many for a battery of its size .
- The chuck is not known to grip small round drill bits well with reported clutch slippage when used for heavier work.
- It doesn’t come with a light so it could be challenge for some when you need some extra light when working in dark corners.
The Pros of the Dewalt DC970k-2
- This is a good tool to have for personal light DIY job because it’s not meant for heavy duty use
- Having list all its drawback, it’s not as bad a drill as it seems. It is a steal at its current price and as long as your take all into consideration and don’t expect too much from it knowing its limitations. It’s great for household projects.
- Another plus point is the batteries will also work with other 18 volts Dewalt tools
Well, here is the whole list. Hope I covered everything there is and didn’t miss out anything on this Dewalt DC970K-2 cordless 18-volt drill-driver kit. It has its supporters and naysayers but hey, there’s something to fit everyone’s need and budget so check it out to compare and see if it’s a right fit for you.
Important is, you have to feel good about your choice.